Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Alien Abduction Table Lamp



Just wanted to share my latest creation for my son's room. The Alien Abduction Lamp

The Inspiration for this was found at Dollar Store
Crafts
DSC Alien Lamp



 I have never been one to copy things exactly so I had to add the bubble on top---->
(an applesauce cup) for another alien who controls the tractor beam. There is a piece of plexiglass under the alien that I frosted with my sander to let the light through but hide the works of the lamp.



















 A plexiglass ring I cut myself, I got it at Home Depot. The aliens glow in the dark once the light is shut off, thanks to an under 6 dollar light kit also from Home Depot. I used tools I hadn't used in awhile and a router attachment for my Dremel-like tool that I had never used.




As usual I have a twisted sense of humor now we know why they keep coming for the cows. ; )












 I know I spent a little more than the original (about 20 dollars), but not as much as some I have seen on the web, I am thrilled with how it came out, and most importantly so is my son. By the way my husband thought it was so cool he had me make him one too.

2 comments:

  1. I love the applesauce cup addition - brilliant! I am going to share your version of the lamp on the Dollar Store Crafts FB page later today.

    It's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I had a great time making it.

      Delete